Friday, April 28, 2017

Valentine

the sway of sea water stomached,
this rising-falling this drowning
it is black-spotted in broad daylight
it is five months alone now
it is Valentine’s Day today
the red
wraps my cut wrists, the red
teases with ribbon lips against my throat
the singed edges on this picture I am holding, of your owl’s teeth
last summer and the last summer, sweating honey, hooting
the smallest hairs on your head in my hands
downy fluff, little razors
I don’t want to go back I don’t want to go back
to the loneliness with you
roosting inside my ribcage, whispering secrets
the oil slicks under your tongue,
under your sheets,
all in our bed, our beautiful bed
I don’t want to go back I don’t want to go back
the trip wires you set the trap doors
you shining spotlight teeth across the room,
swords in your dresser drawers, laughing,
“just take your armor off!”
but
it is Valentine’s Day today
the red
snakes under my skirt, reminds me
we planted seeds in each other’s skin and I am
still cutting the stems
the act of loving is beautiful in itself
the heart can’t be blamed, can it
and I did love you, didn’t I
miss you I don’t want to
go back go back go back

No comments: