Saturday, April 8, 2017

day one

I find myself planting wasps in my palms again
watching the stingers stir under my skin
holding, holding
soon they will burrow out and find you
and I cannot decide how I feel about that

so that means this is Day One of
waking up fistfuls of hair and teethfuls of
why didn’t you say goodnight?
Day One of
these car heat hands on my bare neck
are they tender, are they gripping
whose fingers now are
holding, holding
Day One of
blank page-full, one week-empty
if we unwrite our last kiss will we
speak backwards, move nonsense mouths into
our best kiss instead
Day One of
seeing you all black and white in my lap again
clean you up, calm me down
five minutes is all it takes
Day One of
mirrors at my feet, glass-soled, blind
all that’s dripping from my mouth now is
don’t worry this isn’t the beginning of anything bad
Day One of
don’t worry things will turn out okay
this is still just the beginning

No comments: