Monday, April 29, 2013

Legend

to every past lover I leave
and to those who have left me languid
I hope I remain like fingerprints in your hair

I pray to thunderbolt skies
that you will hold the hurt inside you
harder than ten years gone by

my fingers are crossbeam laced
that you crumble crooked to the ground
and flail without my summer grasp

I want visions of me in your eyelids
I want you heartbreak hunched and wiping
river mud from your forehead

what I am is deeper than ghost magic
I am the terror of being alone
let me haunt you

I will be that kind of woman
I will be too tall to climb
I will be the end of your life

my skin has been bruised by calloused hands
I am battle-worn and fire has caught behind my ears
it is time for me to become the legend you fear, so

when I leave
you had better
want me back

No comments: