Monday, November 28, 2011

41.

she has bones that crack and fracture
tracing feathered fissures up the lengths

she has blood that leaks and ribbons
out of her and into my wrist veins

she has skin that crawls and shimmers
glowing pale blue in the morning light

she has fingernails that break and slice
cutting sculptures into marbled me

she has eyes that burn and twist
like darker flames licking her eyelashes

she has hair that whips and curls
tangling into the stitches in my palms

she has feet that bleed and ground her
padding mulch and fallen leaves

she has breath that sweetly poisons and invites
like nectar from a honey flower’s vine

she has muscles that tear and roll
squeezing every string of sinew through their seams

she rains over me
a hurricane of black and gray
with perfumed water droplets

and she stares with mirror eyes
mirror armor stretched across her chest
mirrored back at me

and I am everything she has
and I want everything she is

No comments: