Saturday, June 1, 2013

Little Craters

last night I caught a glimpse
of the little craters in your eyes
they gather the moonlight and let it pool
up along the edges of your lashes
and it leaks like silver tears
when you smile

and I am not the only one
who has noticed the shape of you
the way it curves and falls into itself
I do not know how many lovers
have found their own secrets
in the sway of your spine

but I would like a shot at it
if only for a few hours, maybe
I am too wide and too many things
and maybe my skin is too smooth
with no valleys, nowhere
for the light to pool

you have such good timing
and mine is always five minutes fast
we keep missing each other. and I could have
reached out and found my fingers in your hair
a hundred times, making little braids
but something stayed me

it may have been the blue light
and the shadows it cast, made your nose
into a mountain range I could not climb
it may have been the big of your hands
and my fears that my little heart
might drown in them

but with my eyes closed, I bathed
in the craters of yours, in the liquid
moonlight. you were three feet away
and I was dancing in your waters
and maybe tonight I will try
to find your skin
with mine

No comments: