Sunday, February 17, 2013

Small


I am walking away from you hard
and alone and the cold whips like teeth
and you are there with her
and you are warm

no one should be allowed
to make me feel so small
but I let you
for ages

it could be my fault
I hear him yell across the room
that you are the strongest man he knows
he doesn’t know much

you gave her your headband
like a red brand on her forehead
you made me watch
you must have felt tall

and you are allowed
to kiss her and hold her
and break her bones
like you shattered my self-worth

but no one should be allowed
to make me feel
so small

1 comment:

Boozamn said...

Sometimes I like to think that time spent in a place of pain will lead to exponentially more time in places of joy, if only from a lesson learned. Ask my friends though, I don't know much.