Thursday, February 7, 2013

95.


I wanted to kiss a girl tonight.
You looked at me from across the room
like I had daggers with your name on them.
You looked at me like you hated me.
I suppose I understand.
But I wanted to kiss a girl tonight.
I wanted to feel life on my lips,
wanted to feel what I had been missing
while I’d been kissing the death on yours.
I wanted to kiss someone tonight
who could sing me awake again.
I tried to love a girl tonight
who had woven hair and cool jade eyes,
who had something in her smile
that made me feel innocent.
I tried to love her and I felt you
from across the room, I felt you
shooting arrows at the space between
this girl and me. I felt you
try your best to rupture the glass bubble
that I had begun to nurse.
You cannot see me happy.
You cannot bear to watch me glow
away from your florescent light.
I am beginning to find the sun,
and you cannot hold me
in your glare any longer.
You cannot see me happy,
because you know
that my happy
is without you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fact that I can read this and being a male feel the words flow through me. First one down many more to read your an artist and with your words you paint a picture that we the readers can visually see.
DaPoeticSoldier

Unknown said...

I love the fact that I can read this and being a male feel the words flow through me. First one down many more to read your an artist and with your words you paint a picture that we the readers can visually see.
DaPoeticSoldier