Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sinister Kid

check out these radical scars on my arms
all this gnarly blood between my elbows
isn’t it cool?
isn’t it cool?

god-damnit, I said look at me
look at what I’ve done
I cut myself all up for you
put my metallic tang on your tongue

and it’s bitter, isn’t it

yeah, I’m the girl who fucked the rules
who chugged the booze and kissed the morning sky goodbye
good morning, apathy
another day rolls by
another opportunity to break my knees

sure, blame it on my diagnoses
call it a name and feed it some pills
put Vaseline on my scrapes and walk away
I dare you

I’ve got heat left in my mouth from the skin it’s sucked
bruises on my wrists still from the ties that bound me
look how I ruined my Sunday clothes
look how I smeared my lipstick
showing up to church hung over again

fuck what you have to say

my halo’s broken anyway

No comments: