Tuesday, November 3, 2015

184.

sit in the scorch with me
the sunburned window by my bed, and kiss me
like a spray of freckles
I may sweetly sweep your lips like lilac dusk today, but
what if I fall on you tomorrow like noon with no shadows
what if I hurt your eyes
promise me
that you will swim nose-deep into a green wave with me
when I am all sleepless storms and tangles

you say and you say and you say
that you are not going anywhere

but will you go with me
up between crags and cliff shards, bloody-footed
when you see tears in my eyes, because some days
I just need the sky in my mouth

will you go with me past the tree line
into the blind forest fog when I wake from a dream
and swear I heard my silence somewhere, finally,
and I need to find it

I know we cannot make each other fine, but
maybe we can make each other
grow, like the moss of you, the brown and the velvet
that spreads down my arms, fills my skin
like the vines in my breath
the fecund heart in me that you keep inhaling

what I mean is
tell me you are here
when I am soft enough to touch and when I am on fire
and I will help you find the love you were looking for

No comments: