Monday, November 12, 2012

Ivy Vines


all I want is
your thighs, my back
we are oysters
we make pearls together


and our eyes are oyster eyes
opalescent and shining
looking into other eyes and feeling
sympathy for those who are not us


I feel your skin and it is centaur skin
we are human bodies with horses’ legs
running faster than we thought
we could, standing taller than our
bodies could stand before
we met each other

and we are satyrs
we drink wine and break things
and dance on mossy legs

I feel like naiads in the summer
splashing warmish water on your
face and begging you to join me
in the water, you will say no
(sometimes) but I will ask again


most of all we are ivy vines
curling one around another and pulling
bricks down so that we can build
something green and growing
together


No comments: