Thursday, April 5, 2012

For You

This is for you, baby.
For every drop of poison I bled from my eyes last night,
For the promises we whispered into one another’s mouths,
For all the shades of gray with which you painted me,
This is for the taste of your skin, and my fingers slicing into it.
This is for you.
This is for the next hot piece you’ll fuck when I’m gone,
For every flower petal you’ll never let me weave into your hair,
For the passion you said you swore was never there, but baby,
You’re lying to yourself.
Because I
Am
Passionate
About you.
And every time you hear my voice over your shoulder,
I want you to think of me kissing you in places you don’t talk about.
I want you to remember the gold flecks in my eyes,
And the color of my hair in moonlight,
And all the parts of me that you are giving up.
Because if this goodbye is what you really want,
Then by all means.
Take it.
I’ve made it just for you.
And if you don’t love me anymore,
Grow the fuck up and tell me.
Braid your gaze into mine and tell me.
Hold my hands harder than you hold your cards to your chest,
And tell me.
Because I bathed you in silver light,
I smoothed roses over your skin,
I kissed the scars they left behind,
And god knows I deserve better than this.
So this is for you.
For the secrets you hold dearer than you held me,
For the walls you built that you can’t get out of,
For the miserable fucking waste you’re making of what we had,
Just hold on tight to whatever is helping you fall asleep.
Because for every one of these black letters that knocks the wind from your lungs,
Remember that there is a matched set punching holes into me.
For every bee sting you find swelling purple on your skin,
Remember the reasons you put it there.
Remember that this tangled mess is a mass of your vines,
Remember that I would have pierced my right hand for you,
Remember that I loved you more than my own bullshit,
And remember that you gave it all away for something more exciting.
And if you really have to say it,
Then for Christ’s sake,
Please,
Just look me in the eyes already,
And tell me
You don’t want me
Anymore.

No comments: