Monday, February 20, 2012

Science

I want to pull your hair
apart, zig-zag my finger down your scalp
and open the strandy curtains
peel away each layer
of cranial armor
one by one

I don't care about your heart
its droning, pumping
a single movement repeated
day after day
after day
sleeping and not growing

I want to see your brain
its folds and curves
its slopes through hills and fleshy valleys
the electrical shocks
the fingered neurons and synapses
forging connections
shaking hands

I care about the things
that break you apart
and mend you back together
your command center
your fight or flight reflexes
your subconscious memories
what holds your cards
what spins you around

it turns me on

I want that wrinkly mass
I need your firework thoughts
it's all I'm looking for
it's what I'm falling for

braid your hair apart, lover
let me investigate your insides

No comments: