Monday, October 17, 2011

28.

I dreamed of you last night, my love, my love. Of your yellow sweater hugs, and I was crying as you left, my love. As you placed me into strangers' hands with care, my love, and rode with me to airports far away to sail back to my family, back to the safest place for me, my love, my love. I was crying and you held my hand, my love, just like you did that last December. Baby. You are my December baby. And all my loved ones fell, my love, my love, fell into death and stretchers and then you were gone my love and I was being held by some white-coated man. My love, my love, you left me there. I dreamed that you had let me go, had said goodbye and let me hold your hand while shuttles drove us to our last farewell, and I was crying, crying, silent tears along my cheeks, my love, my love. I drove myself insane with you, my love. I shook in meager clothes and you, you rocked me back and forth, my love. You placed me into strangers' hands to care for me in ways you never could. But I did not want to go, my love, my love. I did not want to be brave and alone, I wanted you, my love, my love, I wanted you and all your comfort on my skin, inside my hair. I wanted you.
And when I woke, my love, my love, I loved you once again. For you, my love, have held me up when I have drowned, have kissed my broken face and called it sweet. For you, my love, for you. I dreamed of you last night, my love, my love, I dreamed of you.

No comments: