Tuesday, September 28, 2010

4.

I do love college but I’m having a hard time
not skipping classes to come in here and write things like this because I know no one will bug me
We could just make that the norm though yeah?
Like an asterisk after one of those rules of life we write (which I think are bullshit, but we still write them and I guess I probably do, too)
Amendment Number One: Any scheduled activity is subject to forfeit at the discretion of the Author of these rules, in such a time as Poetry demands to be written.

I’m sitting here in this red shawl
the kind old women wear
and glasses
I make a great poet, you think
Face lying bare with no makeup and I feel ugly, mind wanders cleaning lady across the shelf from me eyes unfocusing, that fucking bird screaming in some tree outside
head in the clouds like a lost balloon
Letters run around on the computer screen,
What am I even talking about.

It’s moments like these that Depression starts to squirm back in
So
I’ll just check Facebook for the thousandth time
and start reminiscing about old loves, these poems always turn into reminiscing about old loves
I should probably close that chapter, but I write such lovely things about it.

No comments: